Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Questions I have about h pylori

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Questions I have about h pylori

Post by Helico_expert »

Normally we only ask patients to wait 2 weeks. but 4 weeks would be more than enough.

if you are not taking any more antibiotics and PPI tomorrow, you only need to wait 2-4 weeks for the follow up breath test.

suareilm000

Post by suareilm000 »

Ah Thats what I thought. I called to ask them and my doctors nurse told me that waiting til around August would get me the most accurate results as to whether it is eradicated or not. Would you happen to have any insight as to why they told me that? I’d rather have this done sooner than later if I could but now I’m hesitant due to what they told me about accuracy.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

she is right that the longer you wait, the more likely you will get accurate result.

But 2-4 weeks is good enough.

suareilm000

Post by suareilm000 »

Should I take anything to help improve my recovery in the meantime while I wait to take the breath test? I’ve heard good things about l glutamine for stomach lining recovery and I’d like to try anything that would help.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

There is no particular guideline what you should take. You can take glutamine if you want to.

livouniversal

Post by livouniversal »

Foods that kill off the H. pylori bacteria include broccoli and yogurt.

Foods to eat
1. apples
2.celery
3.berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, cranberries)
4.olive oil.
5.honey.
6.herbal teas.

suareilm000

Post by suareilm000 »

Hello,
I just had a talk with my doctors nurse in which I addressed my unintended weight loss despite no change in my eating patterns. She told me that h pylori related weight loss only comes from the pain influencing how much an infected person eats. She later addressed my concerns to the doctor and he too agreed that is the only case where I would be losing weight. Now I feel conflicted on what I think I know about h pylori and feel like I’ve lost a bit of hope again. In your personal experience, has my situation been seen before? I’m sure it has and even seen it in being spoken about in these very forums. I’m so conflicted and afraid it’s something worse now but that’s why I come to these forums to calm my mind and to get a second opinion from whoever reaches out. Thanks in advanced for whatever information you can provide.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

A bit of weight loss is ok, as long as you are still within the healthy BMI.

you just finished your treatment almost two weeks ago. Dont worry too much. if you are not currently taking any medication, you can schedule a breath test in another week or two.

I think the key is to make sure your H. pylori is eradicated. then you can focus more on the healing by eating healthily.

suareilm000

Post by suareilm000 »

Thanks for the reply. I’m not as worried as before because I currently feel way better than I have in the past year and a half since this all started. It’s just worrying when the things I’m experiencing don’t match up with what the doctor tells me but as long as I’m feeling better then I’m glad I’m on the right path.

suareilm000

Post by suareilm000 »

So as of 06/12/19 I’ve been cleared of h pylori infection via breath test result. Overall feel great but still have days where I feel I feel just as bad. What steps should I take to actively ensure I’m on a good recovery path?

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”