Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Questions I have about h pylori

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

suareilm000

Questions I have about h pylori

Post by suareilm000 »

Ok so I’ve recently been diagnosed with h pylori after having an upper endoscopy done and had a polyp removed and tested positive for h pylori. Currently on day 12 of triple therapy and feel way better with most of my symptoms going away. My most concerning symptom was the unintentional weight loss. In my case I’ve fluctuated a lot with my weight. Most of my lost muscle mass was replaced with fat so I’m the same weight but all of my shirts are really loose on me now. I thought h pylori caused weight loss due to the amount of food intake typically being less due to pain but in my case I haven’t eaten less. In fact I’ve tried eating more to counter the muscle loss and eating also helped relieve the pain I feel in my stomach. Could h pylori be behind my unexplained weight loss or could it be a sign of something else?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Questions I have about h pylori

Post by Helico_expert »

Usually it is because H. pylori causes patients sensitive to food. So patients avoid certain food and perhaps from the discomfort, patients tend to eat less. Hence, lead to weight loss.

Another reason is because patient is too mentally stressed about the whole treatment. The knowing of having H. pylori and its correlation to gastric cancer, and the failure of treatment. All these constant worry and thinking about it causes a very stressful mind which can also lead to weight loss.

suareilm000

Post by suareilm000 »

Could the stress also come from the inflammation caused by the bacteria or is it more mental? The doctor said I have mild inflammation from h pylori infection. I know that when I felt at my worst i could barely stay awake throughout the day let alone go to the gym like I used to. I’m thinking what caused the infection was when I changed my diet into a keto diet and it was more high fat and salt than a typical low carb diet so I messed up. Week 3 of that diet had me feeling very sick so I decided to switch back but also went to far on that and binged on sugar. Then my symptoms really arose to the point that I had to stay home for a week cause I just felt so drained and weak. I feel as though the high fat and high salt caused the initial sick symptoms then the sugar binge worsened the symptoms way more. I had searched online as to what could be causing me so much discomfort and symptoms to arise so suddenly and eventually came to the conclusion that it was Candida overgrowth. I tried treating that a number of ways just to try something instead of accepting that it was nothing like my general doctor had told me. I’ve since felt better but still notice I’m going down in size and don’t know why.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think the key is balance. Try to have balance diet and not thinking too much about your H. pylori problem. Usually the more you think about it, the more likely you'll feel it.

suareilm000

Post by suareilm000 »

Thanks for your replies. I’ve read that h pylori could increase, decrease or have no effect on acid levels. Could reduced HCL caused by h pylori be what’s the problem?

cyprian zimunya

Post by cyprian zimunya »

Can h pylori link up with throat infections or can kt cause swollen tonsils. I had this symptom since the day i was tested for h pylori last year December..i also have chronic gastritis caused by h pylori

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori causes inflammation.

The inflammation can lead to
loss of mucous secretion cells - acid burn the stomach - ulcer
loss of acid secretion cells - atrophic gastritis - low acid - higher risk of cancer
attract stem cells repair - intestinal metaplasia - higher risk of cancer

H. pylori only colonise in the stomach. However, the reflux can burn throat and causes damage in the throat.

suareilm000

Post by suareilm000 »

I’m not sure I fully understand how to interpret this information in my case. So the mild inflammation caused by h pylori diagnosis implies that this damage has been caused by the bacteria already and that’s why I’m noticing my whole body atrophy despite eating adequately?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

All you need to do now is to focus on getting rid of H. pylori. After that you can slowly monitor your recovery.

suareilm000

Post by suareilm000 »

Alright well today’s my last day of the triple therapy treatment. I received a letter informing me that my breath test is scheduled for 8/12/19 but as of today it is 5/10/19. Should I wait for the result of the breath test to begin focusing on recovery if I feel better? Is this a usual wait time after triple therapy?

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”