Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

h. pylori dizziness and brain fog symptoms anyone?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

DonaAta

h. pylori dizziness and brain fog symptoms anyone?

Post by DonaAta »

3 Weeks straight before the antibiotics I was 24\7 dizzy even woke up often during the night from dizziness. Other symptoms before the antibiotic's treatment: tingling sensation on left side of my belly (no pain) constipation, weight lost and feeling full after eating a bit.

When I started the antibiotics I felt really good no symptoms, except the metallic taste which was not that bad at all.

I finished the 10 day antibiotics and 2 days after, I am again dizzy and brain fogged. Getting also after the treatment some under rib burning sensation now and then during the day especially when I eat more (didn't have the burning (pins and needles)sensation before the treatment, but only had before the treatment tingling, tickling on left side of belly) but the most that makes me not functioning at all is the brain fog. I am so anxious that the dizziness\brain fog returned.

Anyone had that symptom? I wonder if this is related to h pylori.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: h. pylori dizziness and brain fog symptoms anyone?

Post by Helico_expert »

I dont think its H. pylori related. But, please get a follow up breath test a month later. You can take ranitidine to control your acid if you have reflux symptoms.

marshlongman

Post by marshlongman »

Hi @DonaAta. I have been feeling similar symptoms, any updates on your side?

hadmiral

Post by hadmiral »

I have had the exact symptoms. I still have them but less strong. Please let me know if you have any improvements.

pickles

Post by pickles »

I have the same symptoms as well. I have taken strong antibiotic courses in the past and always feel great and happy. Then a few days later, I start to get the bad taste in my mouth again and all the same symptoms come rushing back and I get chest flutters and anxiety attacks. Now that I know how difficult it is to fully eradicate these little bugs, I will insist on starting with the stronger course of antibiotics.

THe info I am finding about the connection between depression and anxiety and H Pylori is conflicting, but to me it would make sense that if we have a chronic infection wreaking havoc, our brains will be on constant alert and fight mode. It's the same with autoimmune diseases with a depression/anxiety link. It could be our brain's way of telling us something is wrong and we need help. All I know is, I never had a moment of depression until the time I can trace back to my initial infection. Along with many other symptoms that worsened.

I do wonder, however, if you must be pre-disposed for anxiety/depression in order for the H Pylori to effect that? Lots of research still needing to be done, but I'm leaning towards them being connected. I'll report back though once I begin treatment!

Tishy

Post by Tishy »

Yes they are related and the symptoms return after antibiotics during the die off period. It's called a Herxheimer Reaction, where symptoms get worse before they get better. This is due to the endotoxins released by microbes when they die off. Currently on treatment for hpylori.. It causes many symptoms..

Tishy

Post by Tishy »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 am
I dont think its H. pylori related. But, please get a follow up breath test a month later. You can take ranitidine to control your acid if you have reflux symptoms.
It definitely is related.. H pylori causes vast symptoms.. The only thing that makes one an expert in it is actually having it

Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi, Very often foggy head is a symptom of problem with gluten intolerance. Test for antibodies IgA and IgG and test for Bowel Inflammation Disease/syndrom ie Calprotectin will be very revealing. In case the test are positive then one should go on a gluten-free diet.

stealth7

Post by stealth7 »

Yes had the infection and the required course of antibiotics. All tests confirmed bacteria gone from gut. But the dizziness still lingers, was pretty bad when I had the infection. But it has been 3 months now since infection has been eradicated. Yet this dizziness, spatial distortion, nausea, or what ever you want to call, it is still with me.

After some research, I am starting to believe that some of that viral infection has gone to brain, causing these symptoms. Toxins maybe being released after primary infection killed? The more you ask the doctors for help, the less you get. They also hate Mr hate Google. Just trying to help with suggestions. Anyway I am glad to have read some of the comments on this page, gives one hope that eventually the dizziness will stop? Soon I hope.

Good luck to all and do not give up.

sunkarthik

Post by sunkarthik »

I need. help ! I have dizziness vertigo brain fog since I took the anti iotics quad therapy…doctors cant help… im worried the abti itoics have done some damage in the orocess of eradicating h pylori…

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”