Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Pale colored stool

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Desiree2

Re: Pale colored stool

Post by Desiree2 »

I go to my doctor on Wednesday to follow up with the h pylori, so I will tell him about it then. I'm sure he's going to refer me to a gastroenterologist because my ulcer is still bothering me and that is something we discussed before we knew I had h pylori.

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

Yea I think Endoscopy is in order for you. Id do some research and go to a good GI doc who has a great history performing endoscopies. Someone who is very thorough. Its the only way you are going to start getting to the bottom of yoru issue I think. It was the same for me. Endoscopy answered all my questions. Doctor goes in and can take pictures of your ulcer and take biopsies. They will also test for h. pylori eradication in biopsy. I would push hard to have endoscopy for sure.

Keep us updated on your condition, as it can help others who may come upon these boards with similar issues.

Desiree2

Post by Desiree2 »

I wish I would've saw this post before I went to see my doctor today, he put me on amoxicillin, flagyl and prevacid this time and he said if the pain is still there in 2 weeks he will refer me to a gastroenterologist. He told me I could just skip the second treatment of antibiotics and go straight to the gi but he really wanted me totry round 2 when I told him about the bathroom troubles he didn't even acknowledge the problem.
After reading all about this infection I thought you weren't suppose to take the second round unless you tested positive for h pylori again? but he didn't even test me to see if it was eradicated (and don't you have to wait like 3 weeks after treatment to test anyways) Oh well I guess I'll just suck it up a few more weeks and just have him send me to a gi. I'm getting used to to not having normal bowel movements and horrible stomach pains now anyways lol

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think your doctor is trying to use HP treatment to kill off other possible pathogen that is causing your pale stool problem.

Desiree2

Post by Desiree2 »

Well, there is no more any kind of stool because this flagyl has had me constipated. But Im still having stomach pains at night and I'm tired of feeling like crap all the time, I think I'm just going to call my doctor tomorrow and have him send me to a gi and get a scope done on both ends. Hopefully I can get this problem resolved before the holidays. I'm tired of feeling like this every night

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am sorry we are not very helpful and informative in terms of non-h. pylori cases. However, please keep us updated with your story. It will benefit many other members.

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

Yes I personally would have not taken 2nd round of anti biotics without any testing. Anti Biotics, in my experience and research, wreaks a bit of havoc on the gut by themselves, and can throw things out of whack. You certainly dont want to take them if they aren't needed. I would have insisted on having some testing at the least, and preferably having an Upper GI Endoscopy. If your doctor seems difficult or doesnt want to recommend you to GI then call one yourself. I done my own research and contacted a GI based on referrals from co workers and family. I ended up being very pleased with the GI I went to as a result. And I peppered them with a lot of technical question's in my visits, because I had done extensive reading and researching. They answered all my questions and were thorough in the Endoscopy. They will give you color pictures of your ulcer and any other areas of concern they find in your stomach, and perform biopsies of those areas. The GI doctor will then be much better equipped to explain what is going on - They work with these issues every day where your General Practitioner does not.

Anytime you take an anti biotic with H. Pylori infection you run a risk of of the bacteria gaining resistance to that anti biotic. This is why you need to be very deliberate when you decide to undergo a treatment regiment for it, and stick to it completely. If you take it a few days then change your mind or decide to do something different, then you likely fail treatment and now cant use those anti-biotics again.

Desiree2

Post by Desiree2 »

Ah, okay so I've been quiet because nothing has changed, still pale stools, still having ulcer pains. But I did contact a gastroenterologist and I just saw him today, I have to say he is amazing! As soon as I got there I told him everything that's happened since my csection and immediately he sent me over to the hospital to have an upper abdominal ultrasound the tech said she did find something on my gallbladder and she thinks it may be a polyp but can't confirm anything until the doctor reviews the ultrasound they also scheduled me for an upper gi for Friday! Geez I still can't get over how fast they have all this going. I feel like I'm finally headed in the right direction. my gi currently has me taking donnatal tablets 3x a day. To help ease the abdominal pain. Ugh I honestly wish I would've skipped my regular doctor and went straight to my gi. I will definitely keep everyone updated now especially because I am finally going to be getting answers to all of thesequest

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Your story is very helpful. Please keep us updated.

Desiree2

Post by Desiree2 »

Well I had my scope done. Turns out there is no ulcer but there is scarring on my esophagus which may be causing my pain. Ugh, I'm beyond frustrated with my belly, they also drew some labs and I've been keeping track of them online as they keep updating them. For the most part my levels are low, but still with in normal range. My albumin levels were flagged but, I really don't know what that means either, they did a biopsy on my stomach and did conform a 3mm polyp on my gallbladder. But the polyp is too small to even bother with. He also did a biopsy on my stomach to see if the h pylori was eradicated. The results are still pending pending for that test. My follow up with my gi is next week. And it just feels like we will never figure out what's wrong with me. Ugh I'm just starting to feel defeated over here. Oh and the newest symptom that's started is about once a week forthe past 3 weeks, if my stomach hurts bad enough I actually vomit now. I'll keep you all updated

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”