Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Pale colored stool

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Desiree2

Pale colored stool

Post by Desiree2 »

For 6 weeks I had horrible stomach pains super tired and solid pale/clay colored stool or diharria. my doctor said I had an ulcer and drew some labs. Then called me back saying I have h pylori and gave me the triple therapy combo. But every where I have read I do not see anyone having pale colored stools as an h pylori symptom I'm sure I have h pylori but could there be something else wrong considering the pale stool?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Pale colored stool

Post by Helico_expert »

I havent heard of either. Nevertheless, try the triple therapy. whatever bacteria that is giving the pale color, is likely to be killed by the triple therapy combo anyway.

Desiree2

Post by Desiree2 »

Thanks helico_expert, hopefully whatever is causing my bathroom troubles is eradicated with the h pylori, honestly the only reason why I went to the Dr was because of the pale stool lol

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

Have you been eating Tum's or other chewable antacids? Or drinking things for the stomach pain like Maalox or Pepto Bismal? These things all will color the stool.

newhpyloridiag

Post by newhpyloridiag »

Since you have abdomen pains as well as diarrhea, better get some blood work done like LFT (Liver Function Test), etc , stool culture test and also an ultrasound of the abdomen. If there are other bacteria, the stool culture test will tell.

Desiree2

Post by Desiree2 »

tornado82 wrote:Have you been eating Tum's or other chewable antacids? Or drinking things for the stomach pain like Maalox or Pepto Bismal? These things all will color the stool.
I just recently had a baby and I was living off tums because of the heartburn and I never had a change in the color of my stool, and as for the pesto, yes I did take some when my symptoms first started and yes my stool was blackish but the pepto didn't help with the pain so I stopped the pepto and my stools continued to be pale before and after the pepto

Desiree2

Post by Desiree2 »

newhpyloridiag wrote:Since you have abdomen pains as well as diarrhea, better get some blood work done like LFT (Liver Function Test), etc , stool culture test and also an ultrasound of the abdomen. If there are other bacteria, the stool culture test will tell.
They did do blood work, and I'm pretty sure my doctor said that my liver was okay according to the blood work. But now that I'm a week into my triple therapy and my stools have gone from pale, to black. I'm not sure if I mentioned in my first post but they did request a stool sample when I first went to the doctor with my symptoms, and they said they found blood in my stool. I'm still having stomach pains, although not as frequent more like 3-4 times a week compared to almost every night prior to being diagnosed. So now I'm wondering if any of the meds from the triple therapy are making them black or if my ulcer is bleeding? I'm currently taking 2- 500mg amoxicillin twice a day, 1- 500 mg clarithromycin twice a day and 1- 30mg llansoprazole twice a day

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

A Black stool would definitely suggest blood. Especially if it is sort of tarry. This isnt good. It would suggest bleeding somewhere in the upper digestive tract from the esophagus to the small intestines. This is usually due to an ulcer. Usually you would feel the ulcer if it is in your stomach as pain/burning. It wont generally be a bad pain, but noticeable. I'm sure you are aware of this, but you don't want to take any NSAID's right now. NSAID's are Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Asprin etc. NSAID's are tough on the stomach and are known to cause ulcers. For pain, take Tylenol instead (acetaminophen)

A stool that is pale/clay colored is generally either caused by something you're taking that is causing the coloration such as pepto bismal and other anti-diarrheal medicines, or by a lack of bile in the stool. A lack of bile in the stool could be caused by a problem with the bile duct, such as an obstruction. Those are about the only two ways Ive ever seen that a stool could be pale in color. I think id worry more about the ulcer and bleeding now and try to stay off anti-diarrheal medicines and see if the color returns to normal after triple therapy.

I'm sure your doctor has covered this but you should probably stay on the llansoprazole after triple therapy is over, perhaps for a couple of months. PPI's are known to help ulcer's heal, both in the esophagus and stomach.

I took the same triple therapy as you are taking, except I used Oemeprozole instead of llansoprazole (Prilosec instead of Prevacid) and I eradicated H. Pylori and handled the treatment well. Thankfully however I never had any bleeding or ulcers.

Desiree2

Post by Desiree2 »

Yes, that's what I'm worried about is that the ulcer could be bleeding. I'll have to call my doctor tomorrow to let him know about my newest symptom.

I will say one thing though being on the triple therapy I was all excited when I read the horror stories on a forum on this website because I thought I was going to drop some of this baby weight Haha but all the antibiotics give me is a bad taste in my mouth. Go figure!

tornado82

Post by tornado82 »

Desiree2 wrote:Yes, that's what I'm worried about is that the ulcer could be bleeding. I'll have to call my doctor tomorrow to let him know about my newest symptom.

I will say one thing though being on the triple therapy I was all excited when I read the horror stories on a forum on this website because I thought I was going to drop some of this baby weight Haha but all the antibiotics give me is a bad taste in my mouth. Go figure!

Yes the metallic taste in the mouth is from the Clarithromycin. That is extremely common. I had this same taste in my mouth for the whole 2 weeks I was on it. I just kept sipping some juice to get it away.

You may really want to have an Endoscopy done by a good Gastroenterologist, and let them get in there and actually see whats going on.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”