Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

please help me. :(

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Sajal

H pylori and throat symptoms

Post by Sajal »

I do not feel any sort of discomfort in swallowing. Infact the problem of tightness starts after eating, especially when i bend forward while sitting. It feels like something from my stomach is coming up through esophagus leading sometimes to breathing discomforts.I feel an urge to burp but I could not.I also feel pressure in my ear, nose and at the base of my skull.
The situation gets better when I stand-up. Usually, I get couple of burping which relieves me to an extent.

Is this sounds like a reflux as constant feeling of lump has been subsided gradually after finishing the triple therapy 3 days ago.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: please help me. :(

Post by Helico_expert »

a reflux is more like a burp with acidic taste. sometimes, after a burp, the chest feel burning, also known as heart burn, is the acid burning the throat.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

I don't feel any burning sensation or heartburn, nor does I have a burping with acidic taste. It rather feels like some sort of pressure is being built that pushes the food upwards. Precisely, I feel perfectly fine unless I am not sitting. There is, however, a mild sensation that something (like food) is there in my throat.

The symptoms starts as soon i sit either on chair or on the floor. What is worth mentioning is that the intensity of my throat symptom depends upon the amount of food I have had in my lunch, breakfast etcetera. It gets worse after dinner. I also feel fullness in my chest after meals.

One more thing that I have observed is that eating banana relieves me to an extent—the feeling that something is coming up through my esophagus subsides.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I assume your doctor already did all the examination on your throat and found nothing. So it's probably nothing to worry about. It's good to know banana relieve your symptom. Perhaps is the sugar? Do let us know more about things you tried that works.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Well, my GI has already given up on me. He thinks all my problem is because of stress which i find highly unlikely. How could I only feel the symptoms when I am sitting or lying in a bending position?
Should I go to psychiatrists now or should I change GI?

As far as the things which benefitted me during my treatment, I would like to mention that personally I found eating couple of banana and yogurt very helpful. People who have heartburn should try 'Gaviscon' after meals.

hardik229

Post by hardik229 »

Hi Team,

I detected h.pylori through breath test in Aug-20. I completed 7 days PPI course and doctor asked not to take any antacid for a month and then repeat the test. I did the test again in Sep-20 and it was negative. However I am still feeling uncomfortable after eating some days. Many times I am getting burping and nausea. I almost lost 5 Kg of weight.

I have an appointment with gastroenterologist but it has another 15 days to go. Currently I am taking 20 mg Nexium as suggested by me GP. Please suggest what could be the reason and anything to worry about. Is this normal?

thanks..!!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

your symptoms may or may not be because of H. pylori. But nevertheless, it is good that you are now free of H. pylori.

Sometimes it takes longer time to heal as the damage done by H. pylori is quite random and can sometimes be difficult to heal.

normally younger people heal faster.

hardik229

Post by hardik229 »

What is your suggestion on my situation. What should I do? Do I need to worry?

Are these symptoms for ulcers or anything like that?

Please suggest.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

if you are over 50 yr old and never had endoscopy before, then you should get one done even if the symptom is mild. That would be your baseline data.

if you are below 50, then endoscopy is optional.

if your symptoms had upset your quality of life, then perhaps endoscopy should be done to make sure everything is ok.

If PPI can solve your problem, it's probably not big problem. Gastric disease is very chronic. It can take a long time to heal.

if you have other gastric symptoms not related to acid, for example bloating and undigesting well, perhaps you need other medications. Talk to your doctor about it.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”