Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

For how long to take PPI after finishing antibiotic

The most popular treatments consist of two antibiotics (one of which is usually clarithromycin) plus a strong acid blocker such as omeprazole (PriLosec, Nexium, Somac, Zoton, etc.). Treatment is for 7-10 days. Cure rate is about 85%

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: For how long to take PPI after finishing antibiotic

Post by Helico_expert »

I am not familiar with UK system. But you can check this online chemist
https://www.expresschemist.co.uk/produc ... o-12x.html

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Thanks but not available in the UK

Can I do the blood test for h pylori whilst on omeprazole 20mg or could it give me a false negative or positive.

This just you confirm that I had it rather than if it has been eradicated

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you can do multiple blood tests and see the level of antibody against HP. If the concentration is stable every 3 months, then you are still infected. If the concentration gradually reduce every 3 months, then you are free of H. pylori.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Can the symptoms get worse after the eradication therapy which what seems to have happened in my case.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Usually when after HP eradication (for real), then the inflammation will slowly go away and the condition will improve.

Sometimes, the stomach is trying to readjust to a new environment where there is no H. pylori, the symptoms (such as reflux) will temporarily got worse and then improve.

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:15 am
you can do multiple blood tests and see the level of antibody against HP. If the concentration is stable every 3 months, then you are still infected. If the concentration gradually reduce every 3 months, then you are free of H. pylori.
Thanks. Just to confirm that being on ppi should not affect the blood test results

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

PPI will not affect blood test result

AMERC

Post by AMERC »

Helico_expert wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:13 am
Usually when after HP eradication (for real), then the inflammation will slowly go away and the condition will improve.

Sometimes, the stomach is trying to readjust to a new environment where there is no H. pylori, the symptoms (such as reflux) will temporarily got worse and then improve.
Thank you Helico Expert

Typically how long does this readjustment takes. I am into my 8th week after finishing the triple therapy treatment. The acidity symptoms are still ongoing some days more than others. Trying to control it with omeprazole 20mg daily.

My acidity started in June but with omeprazole had gradually bought under control such that I was of ppi for 12 days before endoscopy in October sometime unthinkable now. Post therapy treatment things seems to have gone really backwards

Is it possible for h pylori to cause over acid production but not cause any gastritis or inflammation? Have you come across such cases,?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

a very good question. We have not seen a case where H. pylori does not cause inflammation. But perhaps we have not examine healthy people to see if their H. pylori causes inflammation. In almost every case, only symptomatic people seek medication examination. Hence all of them has inflammation.

How long will it take to recover? that's depending on the damage done. The younger you are, the higher chance of you have early recovery.
Some damage can be permanent and may never recover. But, with H. pylori eradicated, we believe your gastric cancer risk will not continue to rise

Return to “Antibiotics and Acid Pump Blockers”